Skip to main content

Reviewing My Camera: Nikon D3100

Hey guys!

     So today I'm going to fill you all in about me and my camera. My very first camera was a Nikon, and as of today i still shoot the same brand that I used when i first fell in love with photography. Nikon has been a joy of ups and downs to work with, and overall i love the company. Multiple times previously I have used a canon as well, both in stores trying it out, or outside in an actual session with one of my good friends. After using both a Nikon and a Canon, i'm still here with my pride and possession, the Nikon d3100.

     I love the endless possibilities with my camera. As a girl in high school who enjoys photography just as a hobby, this Camera meets all my needs. Its still classified as an entry level Camera, but is still more complex than any canon, allowing the never ending limits. The Nikon d3100 is built around a 14.2 megapixel sensor, allowing not only live view, but full HD video. This within its self allows many possibilities from capturing pictures to videos, all in one. This Camera also is one of the few from this generation of Cameras to shoot in RAW, Jpeg, or Fine. The versatility of this leads me as a photographer to have multiple options in an easy to access settings. One of my favorite parts about my camera is the fast auto-focus. I love how quickly it will focus on my subject and snap continuous photos as I hold the button down. Most importantly, I enjoy the high quality photos i'm able to capture with the Nikon D3100. This Camera never fails to impress me, session after session.
   
     A minor fall back for me in this Camera is the limited number of high quality lenses. I currently own 4 different lenses for my Nikon D3100, but fail to find options beyond what i already own. This camera is also beginning to fall dated, and to me that is a slight setback that i might just have to deal with.

     With newer cameras coming out I may just have to upgrade, but for the past 4 years with my camera around my neck, I've loved every moment snapping photos. Overall the image quality and tons of options makes my experience above and beyond. As stated earlier I've been interesting in photography for many years and by now, have learned the ins and out. Although I don't suggest this as a first camera, i do suggest it for anyone hoping to improve their current skills. The Nikon d3100 is great for someone knowing what their doing, which allows the camera to do its job to the fullest. All in all, i would rate this camera 8 out of 10, and that is simply due to the fact that newer technology and features puts the Nikon d3100 back a few steps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Camera Brands and DSLR Cameras of 2018

BRANDS 1. Nikon   Professional! Nikon offers numerous of complex options for all photography needs!  2. Canon Very well known camera, great for beginners! Easy to use and navigate. 3. Pentax Offers all sorts of camera options from point and shoot to DSLR's. Same great quality as top brands! 4. Olympus Only brand with non SLR cameras that have interchangeable lens for complex shots in an easy to use fashion. 5. Sony First company with lens for smart phones, allowing all types of people to capture great photos from their cell phones. Also holds user friendly controls for all! CAMERAS 1. Nikon D850 The Nikon D850 allows photographers to capture fast action photos in 45.7 megapixels. This allows the best resolution in any camera yet. Also has 7 FPS for the fastest continuous shooting! 2. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV  Best camera for low lighting situations, creating a very versatile camera for any type of photographer. H as and incredible ISO range of 100

Funny Goats

My Favorite of all the goats is probably the goat sliding. Goats are my favorite animal ever and I love how silly they can be. Above is a few of my personal favorite pictures of me and a little pigmy goat!

How to add or replace a sky in Photoshop

Hey guys! Today I'm going to show you how to add contrast or drama to a photo's existing sky. This technique is very helpful in photos with a bare or boring sky that just needs a bit of pick-me-up. So start off by thinking of a time that you have ever taken a picture of the sky and it just turned out flat and lifeless. Upload that picture to Photoshop, and we'll start to give it a major boost and bring the life back into it from there. This is the picture I'm going to use. I took this picture on a hot summer day in the middle of the blah of the day. At this point the sun was straight up above and didn't help the lights reflection from the lens what-so-ever. Knowing that I didn't take the picture during golden hour, which is the best time to achieve ideal lighting, I didn't worry. I knew that by using this simple trick, I could enhance the sky and add just the right touch that was missing from the sky. 1. The first step is to open a picture in Photo